Panic As Fire Razes Shops At Veritas University’s Hostel

88

In what will come across as a really startling development, some shops were razed in an early morning fire that occurred at the male hostel of the Veritas University in Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory.

The fire outbreak, it was gathered, started around 1 am and caused panic among students of the university.

A student of the university said the fire was caused by a spark from the school’s generating set.

He said, “The hostel didn’t get burnt all the shops around the area were burnt. They sell food items, drinks, and provisions in those shops. Students tried to put out the fire before the arrival of the firefighters.

“The fire was actually caused by sparks from the school’s generating set. The generating set’s house exploded and the fire caught the first shop that was close to it before spreading to the others. Now all that is left is just debris and all the shop owners are weeping and counting their losses.”

The spokesperson for the institution confirmed the incident, adding that 10 makeshift shops got razed by the inferno.

She said, “Some makeshift shops in front of the boys’ hostel went up in flames. About 10 of them were affected. It is not the school has been speculated.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Dental Implant