Three out of 26 victims kidnapped by terrorists from Angwan Bulus in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State have been killed.
The victims were killed over failure by their families to pay N20m ransom.
The terrorists also threatened to kill more victims especially women if their demands are not met.
The spokesman for the State Police Command, ASP Mohammed Jalige, confirmed the unfortunate development in a statement on Tuesday.
“I received phone calls from some people this morning me of three bodies that were found at Dutse village somewhere in the bush. The corpses were evacuated to Saint Gerald Hospital. We are trying to talk to the area commander to ensure the safe return of those who are still in captivity,” the PPRO stated.
It was gathered that around 8pm on March 31, the bandits attacked Angwan Bulus community, killed two people and abducted 26 others. Among the victims are a woman and her four children.
A credible source in the area who confirmed the development told Daily Sun that the bandits had called their community contact to go to a particular location at Dutse village along the Kaduna-Abuja highway to pick up the three persons killed due to failure to pay ransoms placed on their heads.
“The bandits called earlier yesterday that they have killed three of the people they kidnapped and told us where their bodies were deposited,’ the source stated.
“The terrorists called last evening and said since we refused to pay the ransom, we should go to a location and carry the corpses of our people.
“Before we get there, we learnt that Police had already evacuated the bodies and deposited them at Saint Gerald Catholic Hospital, Kakuri, Kaduna. We were at the hospital last night to confirm that.
‘The terrorists made further threats that if the community and families fail to pay the ransom by tomorrow evening (Tuesday evening ), they should go to the same spot and carry another set of corpses
“Right now, we are confused. We don’t know what to do. We have sold all we ever worked for to appease these people but they want more. We are appealing to the federal and state governments to come to our rescue to save the remaining people in captivity,’ the source said in tears.
The Chief of Ungwan Bulus, Gideon Haruna Goni, also confirmed the development to newsmenn.
“They have threatened to kill more, especially women if their demands are not met. 26 were abducted, one was released, three were killed. The one that was released was based on health grounds. He has liver problem.” Goni said.
“We came together as a community, raised some amount and they called us and told us to pick corpses of victims from Dutse,”
“I am appealing to them not to kill anyone, we are appealing to the state and federal government as well as religious clerics to come to our rescue so that the killings will stop.”
One of those whose family members were kidnapped said that they have been able to raise N7m, but the terrorists insist on the N20m or they will keep killing the victims.